Monday, November 5, 2012

Infant Loss Resources

I sincerely hope that none of you ever need the resources, links or materials listed below, but I have come to find out infant loss is much more common than I ever knew or imagined.  Whether it's miscarriage, stillbirth or infant death, you or someone you know may find some of the resources below helpful.




Heaven's Gain specializes in providing small baby caskets and burial products for families suffering the loss of a child through miscarriage, stillbirth, or preemie death.

This website has a variety of hard to find products and resources for families suffering an infant loss of all stages.  It was recommended to us by a friend and was very helpful.  The owners of the company are a couple who suffered an infant loss and noticed a significant void of products for infant death an burial. 





We were gonna have a baby, but we had an angel instead.

The hospital sent us home with a dozen books both for me and Matt and for the boys.  Telling Carter about Kate and processing with him was heartbreaking and tremendously hard; however, this book made it so much easier.  We have read it over and over as a family.  I really love that it validates his feelings of sadness, explains that mommy and daddy cry sometimes, but also shows the angel baby on every page symbolizing that he/she is still with the family.  Matt and I plan to purchase numerous copies of this book to donate back to the hospital as well as to our local libraries...it's that good.




This is the first book I have read about infant loss (I have three others waiting in the wings), but I must say so far this one has hit the spot.  It is an easy and quick read, very conversational in nature with tons of interviews from mothers who have experienced some type of loss.  On nearly ever page it reflects and justifies what I am feeling and experiencing.  



*As I read the other books I'll post and comment on them too.












My good friend and neighbor gave me this book and I absolutely LOVE it!  It's a small book and a quick read...just a few minutes, but the comfort and hope that comes with reading it has been such a blessing!

I can smile when I read this book instead of cry!









A Bereaved Parent's Wish List:  http://www.ohiocops.com/grief/wishlist.html

The Grieving Person's Bill of Rights:  http://www.beneficialliving.com/assets/files/BillA.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment